Sunday, November 18, 2007

To this blog's Palestinian readers researching prescriptivism and descriptivism

I noticed looking at the site meter that at this moment this blog has a number of readers from the West Bank apparently researching prescriptivism and descriptivism. Welcome - and if you have particular questions, feel free to post them in the comments and I'll try to put up some special post if it is something that I feel expert enough to answer. It's not clear from the google queries exactly in what subject matter you mean the terms prescriptivism and descriptivism - they are used in somewhat different ways across a variety of fields ranging from grammar to moral philosophy to politics and international relations. But if your question is in an area I know something about, I'd be happy to help.

No comments: