Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A fond farewell to Teemu Ruskola

My dear friend and colleague, Teemu Ruskola, is departing WCL for Emory. We had a last coffee at the Starbuck's across the street from the law school yesterday, and I will greatly miss having him here. Emory is a wonderful opportunity for him, a wonderful opportunity for Emory and his new colleagues, but I will enormously miss our coffees here at WCL, where we discussed many things and I got a chance to understand just what a genuine intellectual, along with warm and funny friend, Teemu is. And so, to be perfectly, perfectly honest, somewhere back behind all my warm and fuzzy and adoring feelings, there is the slightest twinge that says ... treachery. No, wait, I didn't say that.

Honestly, though, and all joking aside, Teemu, you will be hugely missed by me and the rest of our faculty, and all best in Atlanta.

No comments: