Saturday, November 05, 2005

Welcome Peter Gonzalez!!

Peter Gonzalez has posted a very important comment on the Paris riots on my post below. Peter is an old and dear friend from my home town of Claremont, California - we were in high school together, his younger brother Nicholas my very close friend in those years, and his sister Rebecca my girlfriend for years and years. Peter I knew least of all - he was a couple of years older - until I ran into him by complete accident on the campus of Harvard Law School, where, as it turned out, he was also a student. We became good friends and then housemates, where I got a chance to know his lovely French wife, Isabelle. After law school, Peter took the plunge and moved to Paris, where he practices law. We lost track until Peter looked me up somehow on google or something and sent me an email. A lot of complicated extended family things intervened, and somehow I have not responded to Peter, for which I apologize publicly, as he is one of my favorite people. So, Peter, I am so glad you've persisted in reaching out to me, and I will send you an email as soon as I get out of this conference, which I am supposed to be liveblogging ... thanks for keeping after me to get back in touch, it's been far, far too long. And a kiss to your wonderful wife. More to follow by email. Ken

No comments: