Sunday, September 16, 2007

Jack Goldsmith, The Terror Presidency - Instapundit Podcast Interview

I have just finished Jack Goldsmith's very, very compelling new book, The Terror Presidency: Law and Judgment Inside the Bush Administration. More to follow on the book, but I strongly recommend Jack's podcast interview on the Glenn and Helen Show over at Instapundit, here.

I regard the book as must reading for anyone trying to understand the Bush administration and the war on terror; I think it will be one of the few "insider" books that will be around as a permanent record of the Bush administration. It is a deceptively easy read - Jack turns out to have a genuine talent for narrative and wears his immense legal erudition lightly - rare among law professors, and I include myself in that - but underlying the narrative is a strong analytic core that is not, as Glenn Reynolds points out, exactly what the media coverage of the book suggests.

No comments: